The purpose is to establish and upgrade all types of geodetic networks, provide topographic and thematic digital maps, address them, create a database, and implement integrated management of geodetic and cartographic activities to determine the shape and size of the territory in the integrated coordinate and height system of the territory of Mongolia.
- Establish an integrated network of locations and elevations suitable for the territory of Mongolia, provide them on the basis of mapping, and determine the shape and size of the territory
- Provide small, medium and large scale (above-ground and underground) topographic maps;
- Provide a confirmed basic map for thematic digital mapping of all scales;
- To determine the geographical name of Mongolia and to manage the enrichment of geographical names;
- Maintain an addressing database;
- Receive, register and review documents related to the issuance, renewal and revocation of a license to conduct geodetic and cartographic activities, monitor and evaluate the activities of a licensed legal entity, conclude a license agreement, receive and evaluate a report on the fulfillment of contractual obligations, and maintain a database;
- Conduct geodetic and cartographic research, such as determining the shape and size of the earth, horizontal and vertical movements of the earth's surface, and remote sensing.